So, you already have an online store through your Instagram account or you are just starting your business project and want to do everything perfectly. We are here to help by telling you about a special kind of photography that will enliven your online catalogue or Instagram account through storytelling to make a potential buyer more interested in purchasing from you.
Flat lay photography for products can bring your Instagram account to life, attracting hundreds and thousands of new customers.
Minimalist flat lay photography: lighting, materials, composition
A genre like minimalist flat lay photography fashion seems simple. To avoid a boring minimalistic flat lay, the photographer should be professional and creative.
The pinnacle of skill for a photographer is when a flat lay shot looks really cool with less than three objects in the photo. If you want to create a minimalistic flat lay with two objects, then using a plain expressive background, fun textures, and accentuating shadows will be of good help.
Lighting. Most photographers say that flat lay is best photographed in natural, morning light but some better tricks are to try shooting in studio lighting, in the evening and even at sunset. Often such photos are much more attractive and beautiful. It all depends on the ability of the photographer to see beauty.
Materials for minimalist flat lay photography. Things made from natural materials look very good on flat lay photos: wool, silk, etc. Simply put, if you want to create a realistic warm atmosphere and achieve that same wow effect, use a wooden background, not rubber or plastic.
Laconic and strict composition. If your minimalistic Flat Lay is a composition of square and/ or rectangular objects use clear lines. If you want to make an extremely strict layout of clothes or other goods that you sell, remember two points: Usea grid (Golden Ratio, simplified Golden Ratio, diagonal), and second, use clear geometry. All edges of objects must be exactly parallel. A millimeter difference will immediately ruin your flat lay.
Minimalist flat lay photography for different types of products
Minimalist flat lay photography is becoming especially popular today. It can be used to sell various types of goods, from gloves to children's toys. Below are examples of minimalist flat lays using different goods for an Instagram account.
- Selling clothing and accessories: In the photo, you can use a composition of 2 or 3 accessories. For example: A pair of gloves, a belt, and a hat on top of a warm background. Or a black umbrella and watch on wool.
- Wool: Wool should be photographed on a white fabric or wooden surface. You can also use three of the same object in different colours or choose one object to be the focal point, like a wool sweater, and include accessories to surround it. These could include a pair of wool gloves, a wool scarf, or a wool hat.
- Children’s toys: Here imagination is limitless. You can make a captivating scene with 2 or 3 toys. Photos of paired teddy bears and dolls with fake flowers in their hands creates an inviting image.
Use your imagination to create photos which will be attractive to buyers. Just be brave, look through different online catalogues of other stores and you will be able to create beautiful and interesting flat lay pictures yourself.
What is a flat lay photography for business?
We have already written a detailed article about “what is a flat lay photography?” But we did not write about how these photos affect business. Such photos are eloquent and give the most complete picture of the brand. You can immediately see different products and learn about the range presented. It is easy for the client to navigate, he understands which accessories and details are most advantageous, stylish, and harmoniously combined with a specific style. So, the flat lay style literally suggests the best combination option and leaves the buyer more inclined to try a new product. They make the store’s feed brighter and add diversity by telling an interesting story in one shot.
Flat lay pictures for instagram
Even light, perfect sharpness, neutral background (with the right lighting, white is suitable for all things), proper placement of goods in the frame are the necessary conditions for a flat lay picture on Instagram. Here are the main points to consider:
- The photo must convey all important characteristics of the product. For consumer products, these are colour, size, and shape. Your goal is to get customers to write “Exactly as pictured!” in product reviews. Distortion of proportions, blurring, fuzzy focus are unacceptable, even if it seems to you that these are artistic techniques. Take care of the correct white balance, the correct angle, if necessary, use a size reference in the frame - an object with a well-known size with which the buyer can compare your product.
- The product in the photo should look attractive. It may seem obvious but often an un-ironed blouse, dusty shoes, or using a worn out toy, will cause the picture to be removed from the catalogue. Avoid this by taking extra care that everything that enters the frame is in pristine condition. The model should be well-groomed and look professional.
- The photo should show all important details. Seams, weaving of fabrics, close up pictures showing the details - this is what allows all of the products specs to be shown and also engages audiences who have tactile needs. Nearly 30% of people are tactile learners, so visually seeing the textures and details in these photographs will help engage them when shopping online.
- The photo should evoke the right emotion. Here you need to think about your target audience and present a solution to their request or problem by using what is in the frame. This is especially important for purchases that are classified as emotional (clothes, shoes, gifts, sweets and toys). Use emotional clues: correctly selected positive colours, sun glare that does not distort colour reproduction. If you are shooting with a model, choose one that your target audience can associate with (Americans call this the "girl next door", which is someone who can be your average next door neighbour.).
Why you need photoshoot company for instagram-account and how can you work there?
In this article, we want to talk in more detail about photoshoot company for Instagram-account and about the important nuances that need to be taken into account when working in this social platform. Everyone is on Instagram these days. It is one of the most important marketing channels. Do not believe us? Go to this social network and scroll through the feed. Every online- store sells on Instagram - from sweaters to chainsaws. This platform is a unique invention that helps people pass the time by looking at interesting photos of friends, acquaintances and just interesting people. At the moment, there are even marketers who believe that it is not even worth creating your own website, but rather a high-quality Instagram account.
So, today it is a powerful platform for promoting your services and products. If you do not want to create website then you can use this social network to create content, allow for further optimization, and attract new customers. Plus, you will only need to spend money on photos, so promoting your items this way is one of the cheapest ways of selling.
Here are the next steps you should take:
- Conduct an analysis of the closest competitors: After choosing a niche, many beginners skip this important step. Looking at close competitors is usually overlooked. However, this is an important nuance.
- Setting up a sales account on Instagram: By the way, when analyzing competitors, should not you copy the design of a competitor’s account to your page? By doing it this way you copy both successful cases and mistakes. It is better to thoroughly study the competitors and take the tools that seem sensible to you.
- Here are some important styling tips:
- The avatar should be the face of the CEO or model representing your product, rather than a company logo. The fact is that your main task is to show that you are a real person, and not just another online store among thousands selling accounts in Instagram. Followers communicate more readily with real people than with logos.
- It is worth entering all possible contacts of your company in the Instagram header. It is not always worth writing your name in the biography. Rather, try writing about the product you are selling, for example: "Sports clothing for hiking and fishing."
- Instagram allows for only one clickable link in the profile. Use this opportunity as efficiently as possible. Remember that without a call to action, people may not notice the link in the description. Therefore, provide a call to action in the last line of the about you filed.
- Content. Everything is simple here: it must be of high quality, informative, beautiful and attractive. Flat lay photography is perfect for this. New interesting content should be released regularly to avoid losing followers.
We believe that the key to the heart of Instagram followers lies in the art of Flat Lay product photography. Such photos are especially valuable for Instagram users, as they are well versed in beautiful photos due to their many years of experience using the app.
Product photoshoots in Toronto
It must be remembered that 8 out of 10 potential buyers will not click on an item with an unattractive photo. Our modern photography studio in Toronto offers quality flat lay photoshoots for products that will transform user behaviour, bring life to your Instagram account, and increase sales. Here are the results from our customers:
- Increased time spent on Instagram page: after uploading professional flat lay photos, the user spends six times longer on your Instagram page.
- Increasing interest in other products. In the language of Internet analysts, this is called “browsing depth”: the user views not one, but several photos, quickly scrolling down your Instagram page and stopping at the ones they like the most.
- The number of visitors who have turned into buyers is increasing. This is perhaps the most important point for any online store that has a page on the Instagram platform. Having received comprehensive information with the help of high-quality photos, customers are 5 times more likely to make a purchase.
- Reduced product returns and negative reviews: Good product presentation helps customers to clearly see what they are buying.